Monday, May 12, 2008

Pure Bliss!


Well, I am winding down from a wonderful "Mother's Day" yesterday...my first Mother's Day being a mommy to two kids not just one anymore. It was a great day.Starting with Church with the family in the morning, a lovely brunch out afterwards and all afternoon just playing at the park with my girls and husband (well the baby can not really play yet but she loves to watch her Big Sister play!). I could not have asked for a more perfect day! Funny how the older you get, your life changes and "The Perfect Day" changes too! Another thing I have to share is a fantastic sermon at church that morning about "raising kids" the pastor spoke of what really and I mean, REALLY matters to kids; makes them happy. He said, TIME spent with your children (that is the single most important reason I choose to be a full-time stay at home mom and love it!) as well as he also spoke about the fact that in today's culture- we strive so hard to give our kids everything; especially the edge to make it and do well and suceed in life however, with too much pressure our kids can many times do the opposite, so it was a great reminder to me to SLOW DOWN and just enjoy life and time with my kids and let them enjoy life too! The last and most meaningful thing he said was...PUT GOD FIRST IN YOUR CHILDREN'S LIVES- not soccer or piano lessons but GOD. I am thankful for that reminder and it came at a perfect time. So, enough about that for now but I just had to share.

Saturday afternoon we had a new family photo session with my dear friend and talented photographer; Sarah Metz (Thanks Sarah!) and she took some new updated family photos including the baby so we now will have some current family of four photos. Photos are probably one of my most cherished material items as they are something well worth paying money for as you can not bring back time but you can always look at a photo and bring back ALL the memories; feelings...everything! So getting our family together to get some shots of us all is precious to me! So, Sarah was nice enough to let me share one of the beautiful shots she took of my two little angels...sweet sisters- and they sure do love,love,love each-other. In this photo- Faith is 4 years old almost 5 and Grace is 12 weeks almost 3 months old. I KNOW I will look back at this picture all my life and SMILE! The girl's bring such joy to my life and I am so proud and lucky to be their MOM!

To ALL you MOM's...hope your day was very special.

Now back to the crazy days (reminding myself to SLOW DOWN and enjoy!) as we go,go,go...

Happy Monday,
Melinda

1 comment:

Sarah Metz | Art Soul Photo said...

So glad you like the photo - the girls are beautiful, just like their mommy! ;) Love this post, and you guys too!

XOXOXO
Sarah