Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Textured fun by Melinda Bunker Photography



Been playing with something totally new to me...textures! I have always loved looking at other photographers work using textures but never got a chance to try it out for myself so the other day I bought so really cool textures from Nichole V and played with them last night and WOW...I am hooked! Here is a photo I took of a beautiful expectant mom and her oldest daughter and I love this image not to mention how the texture really gives it a fun urban feel; very natural, very pure! Please leave some blog love and let me know what you think!? Needless to say, you will be seeing more textures from me in the future!

Enjoy,
Melinda

Melinda Bunker Photography

9 comments:

theflowerchick said...

Wow this photograph looks amazing! I love how the textures give it a timeless feel. I look foward to more textured photos! Very beautiful!

Melinda Bunker said...

Thank you so much! :)

Kristen {son kissed photography} said...

I love it! I have her textures too and LAH-OOOVE them!! Great work!

stacyZ said...

I was about to say the same as theflowerchick. The texture realy gives a timeless feel it speaks family heirloom now to me. I can so see this on canvas.

Bentley Studios said...

SOOO SOOOO SOOOO DARN CUTE! Love the textures...i'm not one to like textures but you nailed it! Love it! XXOO

Melinda Bunker said...

Kristen- thank you,thank you! :)

StacyZ- ahhh, thanks- that was the feel I was going for! Great idea on the canvas! ;)

Christine- WOW girl, thanks so much!! I know, I always loved the look but I loved playing with them for a different feel (trying to get out of my old box and be more creative!) and thanks for saying i nailed it! :)

XOXO,
Melinda

Sara Goetz said...

Super cute, Melinda! Great use of texture :-). Hey - we've been CRAZY around here...so this week is nuts for me. Could you get together next Tuesday?

Melinda Bunker said...

Thanks Sara! How about next Thursday late afternoon or Wednesday? Let me know...

Anonymous said...

Love what you did with the photo, Melinda. I totally love Nichole's textures. I have a few of them myself. Great work :)